Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reading and French Toast

Alexis and I had a fun Saturday together.  We woke up early enough to get the house cleaned up, laundry done, etc. by noon and then we went out.  We passed by Mom and Dad's to drop off the Buick (since I borrow it during the week to get to work) and then headed to Target where we purchased a glorious new 25" Electric Griddle!  It was on sale for $25, we still have Target Gift Cards from our wedding and we really wanted it so we said, "Hey, why not?" 

Then we stopped by the Tempe Public Library--which, bytheway, is really nice (it sure beats the Fort Vancouver Library up in WA, that's for sure). 

This is me sitting on one of those stools you're supposed to use to reach the higher shelves.

I've recently been renewing my research into getting a dog and thought that since I've already read quite a bit on the Internet, maybe I should try some of the hard copy literature on the subject.  I also got a short biography on Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss) that I'm about 1/3 of the way through.



Reading on the couch after the library.
Alexis really likes romantic novels--the "clean ones" she says (no, they are clean; they are just full of romantic things that men rarely actually do or say and that women love to hear).  I think that she is reading a John Grisham one right now; Grisham tends to write more drama/thriller/suspense novels that Alexis's dad tends to read.  

Anyway, once dinner time came around, we tried out our new griddle and it was AMAZING!  Can you imagine what it is like going from one, maybe two, pieces of French Toast in a frying pan to a small army of Deliciousness all at once?!  I really feel like we have reached a new stage in our marriage now that we can turn out this much breakfast food at a moment's notice.
It even has a warming tray and an oil collector on the bottom!
She was teaching me how to make French Toast (she took French in Junior High, you see--I took Spanish)

It was a really fun way to spend a Saturday and now I have something to read for the two hour gap between when Alexis and I get home from work during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment