Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Future is at our Doorstep

Have you ever seen something that just left you speechless wondering how it was that mankind had invented something so breathtaking?  That happened to Alexis and I the other day when we went to "Firehouse Subs" (a great sub place that Ryan and Kathrin introduced me to). 

I used to think that I was still pretty young and hip--I mean, I've never used an A-Track Tape, have always had color television and cars have had power windows for as long as I can remember (with the exception of "The Van", of course).  But Friday it happened...something I had grown up with officially became outdated--the soda fountain.  Not this kind of soda fountain:

Grandma and Grandpa's Soda Fountain 
But the standby, the norm, the one we've all come to know and love!

The Soda Fountain on which I was raised.
It's on to the future ladies and gentleman, the world we once new is changing and a shiny new touchscreen awaits us. 
Over 100 flavors, touchscreen, unlimited refills--what more could you ask for?
Wow, I was so intrigued that we sat right next to it the whole time we were there.  This is the kind of thing that gives me hope for America--that if we can create something so glorious as a touchscreen beverage dispenser, perhaps we can produce someone intelligent enough to save us from our economic woes.  Thank goodness for human progress.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Justin, you are so young that you didn't even realize that it's an "8"-track, not an "A"-track! :-)

    ReplyDelete