Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Family History, They are Doing It

We got together a few weeks ago with the extended Long family and after eating and the FHE lesson, we got into the family photo albums.  Her mom is a big Genealogy buff and has done a lot of work with their family history.  

This trunk is literally like 90+ years old
It was fun to see pictures of Dad and his brothers when they were teenagers or newly married.  I should really do more work on my family history--well, Mom (Mom Bates) has already done a lot of it but I could at least read some personal histories.

All the cousins having fun looking at their parents as "young, hip teenagers"
I think that Alexis was holding a picture of Uncle Jim with an afro

Once per year, if I'm not mistaken, Grandma Long goes to New York to see a play on Broadway.  As a result, she has a number of autographed and framed Playbills on her wall.  This one caught my eye because I didn't know that David Pierce ever acted on Broadway--I just recognize him from Frasier.  Apparently he starred in, and won an award for, a show called "Curtains".  He will always be good ol' Niles Crane to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment