Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rocky Point, Mexico 2012

It was a Bates Family Vacation to be remembered, that's for sure.  Everyone was able to come and we had a lot of fun.  Since it was over 6 months ago, I don't remember too many details (except that Lexie and I got really sunburned!!) but here are some pictures.

We got caught in a monsoon after crossing the border on our way there - I've never seen it rain so much!! We could hardly see 15 feet in front of the car!

The Olympics were going on so we watched those quite a bit whenever we were in the condo.
 I got to practice my Spanish a bit with the people at the hotel and around town.  We went out to eat one night and it was delicious!
 We rented some jet skis and everybody got a turn or two - plus there were a number or pools to enjoy.
 We got some ice-cream at the "Thrifty" ice-cream store.
 Like I said, Lexie and I got sunburned pretty badly - even after we applied sunscreen!
 We ate really well!!  Thank goodness for women who know how to cook delicious food!
 Mom introduced us to Mexican Train (a group game with dominoes), which was a lot of fun - although in this picture, they are playing Five Crowns.
 My beautiful wife against a beautiful backdrop - oh, vacation.
 I got some nice sunglasses for $6 - although Caleb is sporting the ones I found on the beach for free!
 Overall, it was a great trip and we're glad that we were able to go.

1 comment: